Active Technical Report Drafts and Proposals
- TR5: Memory Management Support for OpenMP 5.0
This Technical Report augments the OpenMP TR 4 document with language features for managing memory on systems with heterogeneous memories.
- TR4: OpenMP Version 5.0 Preview 1
This Technical Report augments the OpenMP API Specification, version 4.5, with language features for task reductions, defines a runtime interface for performance and correctness tools (OMPT), extensions to the target constructs, and contains several clarifications and fixes. (Nov 2016 PDF)
- TR2: OMPT: An OpenMP Tools Application Programming Interface for Performance Analysis
– This document defines OMPT — an application programming interface (API) for first-party performance tools. Extending the OpenMP standard with this API will make it possible to construct powerful tools that will support any standard-compliant OpenMP implementation. (March 2014)
Expired Technical Reports
These technical reports have expired and are retained for informational and archival purposes only.
- TR3: Initial comment draft for the OpenMP 4.1 specification.
– Differences between 4.0 and TR3 (Nov 2014) – Superseded by OpenMP 4.5
- OMPT and OMPD: OpenMP Tools Application Programming Interfaces for Performance Analysis and Debugging (PDF) – To enable portable tools for performance analysis and debugging of OpenMP programs (May 2013) This document has been superseded by TR2. – This document has been superseded by TR2.
- TR1 – Technical Report on Directives for Attached Accelerators (November 2012) (PDF)
– This Technical Report specifies proposed directives for the execution of loops and regions of code on attached accelerators. This document has been superseded by the ratification of OpenMP 4.0. – This document has been superseded by the ratification of OpenMP 4.0.
Previous Official OpenMP Specifications
- Version 3.1 Complete Specifications – (July 2011). (PDF)
- Version 3.1 Summary Card C/C++ (September 2011) (PDF)
- Version 3.1 Summary Card Fortran (September 2011) (PDF)
- Version 3.0 Complete Specifications – (May, 2008). (PDF)
- Version 3.0 Summary Card C/C++ (November, 2008) (PDF)
- Version 3.0 Summary Card Fortran (revised March, 2009) (PDF)
- Version 3.0, Japanese ( updated January 13, 2009) (PDF) Translation by engineers from Fujitsu, and reviewed by Dr Satoh of the University of Tsukuba, and volunteers at NEC.
- Version 2.5 – (May 2005, combined C/C++ and Fortran)
- C/C++ version 2.0 – (March 2002)
- C/C++ version 2.0 with change bars reflecting changes from 1.0 – (March 2002)
- FORTRAN version 2.0 – (November 2000)
- FORTRAN version 2.0 with change bars reflecting changes from 1.1 (November 2000)
- C/C++ version 1.0 – (October 1998)
- FORTRAN version 1.1 – (November 1999 – incorporates April 1999 Interpretations and Errata)
- FORTRAN version 1.0 – (October 1997)
- For FORTRAN version 1.0 – (April 1999)