Join us in Denver for SC17, the International Conference on High Performance Computing where we will be celebrating 20 years of OpenMP as well as releasing the OpenMP 5.0 Beta specification. We also have a packed agenda of other OpenMP events taking place including an OpenMP BOF, booth talks, an exhibitor forum presentation as well as the OpenMP tutorials and talks taking place in the main SC17 program.
- Colorado Convention Center, Denver
- Conference: 12-17 November
- Exhibition: 13-16 November
The OpenMP Booth: #1246
Come and join us at the OpenMP booth where we will have technical staff on hand to answer you questions, or just hang out with friends.
In-Booth presentations videos and slides now available >here.
Booth Talks – Tuesday 14th
|11:15am||OpenMP Target Directives Portability||Jeff Larkin||NVIDIA|
|1:15pm||Make the Most of OpenMP Tasking||Sergi Mateo Bellido & Xavier Teruel||Barcelona SC Center|
|1:45pm||Loop Scheduling in OpenMP||Vivek Kale||Univ. of Southern California / ISI|
|2:15pm||OpenMP Doacross Loops Case Study||Gabriele Jost & Henry Jin||NASA|
|2:45pm||OpenMP in an Accelerated World||James Beyer||NVIDIA|
|3:15pm||Lock Yourself Out||Ruud van der Pas||Oracle|
Booth Talks – Wednesday 15th
|11:15am||ECP SOLLVE: Taking OpenMP to Exascale||Martin Kong||BNL|
|1:15pm||Simplify OpenMP with Cray Reveal||Luiz DeRose||Cray|
|1:40pm||Studying OpenMP with Vampir||Ronny Tschüeter||TU-Dresden|
|2:05pm||OpenMP 5.0 Tools Interface||Joachim Protze||RWTH Aachen University|
|2:30pm||Profiling with Intel VTune Amplifier XE||Dmitry Prohorov||Intel|
|3:15pm||OpenMP 4.5 Validation & Verification||Sunita Chandrasekaran & Oscar Hernandez||Univ. of Delaware / ORNL|
Booth Talks – Thursday 16th
|10:00am – 12:00 noon||Parallware Trainer: LLVM-based Learning of OpenMP 4.5||Manuel Arenaz||Parallware|
Win the New OpenMP Book
Come along to the booth for your chance to win a copy of the new OpenMP book Using OpenMP – The Next Step by Ruud van der Pas, Eric Stotzer, and Christian Terboven. Even if you don’t win, stop by the booth for your discount code to buy a copy of the book direct from MIT Press.
- NEW BOOK: Using OpenMP – The Next Step
- Drawings at the OpenMP Booth at 4:30pm Tuesday and Wednesday, and 2:00pm on Thursday
- Entrants must be present to win
Beer Socials @ The OpenMP Booth
Join us at 4pm on Tuesday and Wednesday for a beer to celebrate 20 years of OpenMP, hang out with the OpenMP team and hear about the latest developments in the OpenMP API that has been enabling High Performance Computing since 1997.
Reference Guides @ The OpenMP Booth
- Pick up your free reference guides to the OpenMP API (Fortran or C/C++), including OpenMP 4.5.
OpenMP BOF: OpenMP is Twenty. Where is it Going?
- Wednesday, 15 November, 2017 | 5:15pm – 6:45pm | Location: 205-207
- Listing on SC17 website
- Session Leaders: Jim Cownie (Intel) and Dr. Michael Klemm (CEO OpenMP ARB / Intel)
- Educate existing and potential users of OpenMP about modern OpenMP and its evolution
- Gather feedback from the audience about where they want OpenMP to go
- Provide a forum for OpenMP users to ask questions of the OpenMP experts who drive the standard
- The BOF will start with a short introduction from Bronis de Supinski, the chair of the OpenMP language committee outlining the major new features planned for OpenMP 5.0. This will be followed by a series of short presentations by other experts from the language committee covering specific topics of interest and will be concluded by Michael Klemm, the OpenMP CEO, who will present the groups vision that drives OpenMP development. The majority of the remaining time (75%) will be open to audience questions to the panel of OpenMP experts.
Papers & Tutorials
- Tutorial: OpenMP Common Core: A Hands-On Exploration
- Sunday, November 12th – 8:30am – 5pm | Location: 303
- Presented by: Timothy Mattson, Alice Koniges, Yun (Helen) He, Barbara Chapman
- Tutorial: Advanced OpenMP: Performance and 4.5 Features
- Sunday, November 12th – 8:30am – 5pm | Location: 404
- Presenters: Christian Terboven, Michael Klemm, Ruud van der Pas, Eric J. Stotzer, Bronis R. de Supinski
- Tutorial: Parallel Computing 101
- Sunday, November 12th – 8:30am – 5pm | Location: 207
- Presented by: Quentin F. Stout, Christiane Jablonowski
- Tutorial: Mastering Tasking with OpenMP
- Monday, November 13th – 8:30am – 12pm | Location: 210-212
- Presented by: Christian Terboven, Michael Klemm, Sergi Mateo Bellido, Xavier Teruel, Bronis R. de Supinski
- Tutorial: Programming Your GPU with OpenMP: A Hands-On Introduction
- Monday, November 13th – 1:30pm – 5pm | Location: 203
- Presented by: Timothy Mattson, Simon McIntosh-Smith
- Paper: An Efficient MPI/OpenMP Parallelization of the Hartree-Fock Method for the Second Generation of Intel Xeon Phi Processor
- Wednesday, November 15th – 4pm – 4:30pm | Location: 402-403-404
- Presented by: Vladimir Mironov, Alexander Moskovsky, Kristopher Keipert, Michael D’mello, Mark Gordon, Yuri Alexeev
- Tuesday, 14 November, 2017 | 2:00pm – 2:30pm | Location: 503-504 | SC17 Link
- Presented by Michael Klemm
- OpenMP: Enabling HPC for Twenty Years
- This presentation reviews the history of OpenMP, the current features and provides an outlook for the upcoming OpenMP API specification, 5.0 Beta, which will be released during SC17. OpenMP is twenty this year. Since its inauguration in 1997, it has become the standard programming model for multi-threading in HPC applications and drove many scientific discoveries by helping domain scientists implement their simulation codes. The OpenMP API is based on directives to augment code written in C/C++ and Fortran with parallelization hints to the compiler. In its 20 years of existence, OpenMP has evolved from a purely multi-threaded model to a programming model that supports modern task-based programming as well heterogeneous programming for offload devices such as GPUs. With it’s extensions it also supports data-parallel programming for single-instruction multiple-data architectures.
OpenMP Member Booths at SC’17