Previous Official OpenMP Specifications
- OpenMP 4.0 Complete Specifications (July 2013) (PDF)
- OpenMP 4.0 Discussion Forum
- OpenMP 4.0 Reference Guide – C/C++ (October 2013 PDF)
- OpenMP 4.0 Reference Guide – Fortran (October 2013 PDF)
- OpenMP Examples 4.0.2 (March 2015 PDF)
- OpenMP 4.0.1 Examples (February 2014 PDF)
- Version 3.1 Complete Specifications – (July 2011). (PDF)
- Version 3.1 Summary Card C/C++ (September 2011) (PDF)
- Version 3.1 Summary Card Fortran (September 2011) (PDF)
- Version 3.0 Complete Specifications – (May, 2008). (PDF)
- Version 3.0 Summary Card C/C++ (November, 2008) (PDF)
- Version 3.0 Summary Card Fortran (revised March, 2009) (PDF)
- Version 3.0, Japanese ( updated January 13, 2009) (PDF) Translation by engineers from Fujitsu, and reviewed by Dr Satoh of the University of Tsukuba, and volunteers at NEC.
Expired Technical Reports
These technical reports have expired and are retained for informational and archival purposes only.
- TR7: OpenMP Version 5.0 Public Comment Draft
Public draft of the OpenMP Version 5.0 specifications. (Jul 2018 PDF). This document has been superseded by OpenMP 5.0
TR7 Public Discussion Forum
- TR6: OpenMP Version 5.0 Preview 2
This Technical Report is superseded by Technical Report 7. (Nov 2017 PDF)
- TR5: Memory Management Support for OpenMP 5.0
This Technical Report augments the OpenMP TR 4 document with language features for managing memory on systems with heterogeneous memories. This Technical Report is superseded by Technical Report 6.
- TR4: OpenMP Version 5.0 Preview 1
This Technical Report augments the OpenMP API Specification, version 4.5, with language features for task reductions, defines a runtime interface for performance and correctness tools (OMPT), extensions to the target constructs, and contains several clarifications and fixes. (Nov 2016 PDF). This document has been superseded by TR6.
- TR3: Initial comment draft for the OpenMP 4.1 specification.
– Differences between 4.0 and TR3 (Nov 2014) – Superseded by OpenMP 4.5
- TR2: OMPT: An OpenMP Tools Application Programming Interface for Performance Analysis
– This document defines OMPT — an application programming interface (API) for first-party performance tools. Extending the OpenMP standard with this API will make it possible to construct powerful tools that will support any standard-compliant OpenMP implementation. (March 2014). This document has been superseded by OpenMP 5.0.
- OMPT and OMPD: OpenMP Tools Application Programming Interfaces for Performance Analysis and Debugging (PDF) – To enable portable tools for performance analysis and debugging of OpenMP programs (May 2013). This document has been superseded by TR2.
- TR1 – Technical Report on Directives for Attached Accelerators (November 2012) (PDF)
– This Technical Report specifies proposed directives for the execution of loops and regions of code on attached accelerators. This document has been superseded by the ratification of OpenMP 4.0.
- API for Performance Profiling of OpenMP Applications White Paper and include file. This document has been superseded by the OMPT and OMPD document that was itself superseded by TR2.
- Version 2.5 – (May 2005, combined C/C++ and Fortran)
- C/C++ version 2.0 – (March 2002)
- C/C++ version 2.0 with change bars reflecting changes from 1.0 – (March 2002)
- FORTRAN version 2.0 – (November 2000)
- FORTRAN version 2.0 with change bars reflecting changes from 1.1 (November 2000)
- C/C++ version 1.0 – (October 1998)
- FORTRAN version 1.1 – (November 1999 – incorporates April 1999 Interpretations and Errata)
- FORTRAN version 1.0 – (October 1997)
- For FORTRAN version 1.0 – (April 1999)